Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Halftime Report


It was six months ago when I began this blog, with the intention of writing entries for one year -- about the sex party space that I oversee.
That makes this halftime -- a chance to recap before I proceed with the second half of this year's parties.

But it seems like what's come out is more about my own sex life and less about running a space -- except for the excruciatingly detailed entries about the oft backed up sewer system (no more, I promise; I've heard the complaints!)

So, how about the highlights and low points, thus far?

The low points are really the sewer backing up. (Sorry, there I go -- mentioning it again!) It ruins everything, especially if it happens in the middle of a party. It's a lot to deal with, which is probably why I write about it in detail, a cathartic way of purging the experience, eliminating it from my system, so to speak. But being backed up is... draining to say the least.

And I have to say, we've been pretty fortunate in not having any dangerous stuff happen, which is shocking considering the level of insanity that happens behind these closed doors. Perhaps those Affirmation Circles before the parties are working! Or maybe what we're doing just isn't so dangerous after all.

Perhaps kicking four people out for barebacking in the span of 20 minutes was also a low point -- and kind of a slap in the face (Mmmm, humiliation!) -- an affront to the clearly posted rule to not bareback. And a threat to my livelihood -- FUCK YOU guys! (Nice to purge again!)

The highlights?

Bringing in the doctor who tests for HIV/STDs has been a very good thing and, along with the strict no-barebacking policy, ups the ante in our attempt to provide positive options and send a clear message of healthy responsibility to the sexually active community.

It's also been a lot of fun starting the new trannie event, getting dressed up and liberating other men to do the same. It makes me realize what an important role these parties can have in peoples' lives. This is the fringe of the fringe, so for people to find a place that accepts us and embraces our kinkiness -- yay to that.

I've even gotten more into the performing aspect with the singing on stage, some lipsynching and hosting of shows. It's something that hasn't come easy as a shy middle child from the Midwest. Sex in public is easy for me, but formally entertaining on stage? Not easy, unless I get to be the host/hostess in charge and then it's fun!
In real life I think I'm pretty animated and goofy and somewhat entertaining, so why not do it on stage? And now, after a few attempts, I've faced those fears head on and succeeded -- all accomplished amongst friends who are non-judgmental and accepting (at least on the surface)!

It's liberating. And isn't that what this is all about?

To that end, I think I'll start telling more about myself in this blog, since I've stayed pretty anonymous through the first six months. Granted, most people reading this are linked to it via my Facebook page so they already know me (perhaps too well, now)!

But there might be people who don't. And for those people, let me introduce myself, my name is Michael Wakefield and I was born in Michigan in 1962. (I may be old on the outside, but I feel very youthful on the inside.)

FYI to my NYC friends: actually I was born Michael Cash Backman, but changed my name as soon as I moved to NYC in the Spring of 1985 after getting a Bachelor's Degree in Design/Photography at the University of Michigan School of Art in Ann Arbor.

That's enough for now. Let's not get carried away! There will be more to come.

As the next six months progress, I'll let you know how I came to host sex parties and share a story that was published about being arrested at one of my own events.

Yes, I am a sexual outlaw. And I have the mugshot to prove it.
(Not that I've ever seen it, but I'd like to.)

1 comment:

  1. oh i just love the candid honesty in this piece. I really like this one and the one about the "israelli giraffe". Just a cute little girl named valerie stopping by and showing you lots of love.

    ReplyDelete